Monday, March 16, 2009

St Baldricks.....

My brother,Alan, held his second annual St Baldrick's event to raise money for kids cancer. Events are held all over the country for this event; it was really fun, everyone wears green and people shave their heads tor raise money for cancer! This year we had bagpipers and Irish dancers, the event was held at Club 90 and lots showed up to support the event. We honored children coping with cancer or who have passed away and we ended raising close to $4000.00!!

To end the day there was a car smash, a raffle and a balloon launch; what a great way to end the event! We'll be doing it next year as well so all are welcome to come...any brave souls want to shave next year???



Here's my bro leading the event, he organized everything and he did an awesome job:)My wonderful neice Jenna decided last minute she was going to shave for the cure and man she is brave...come on, she's in highschool and a cheerleader, the girl has guts!!
They did some major damage to this old klunker but hey it raised $130.00, not too shabby! And this guy below and his 2 little boys all shaved their heads and pretty gnarley beard...what champs:) Go here for info on this great cause and to see how much money has been raised so far, it's in the millions!! http://www.stbaldricks.org/index.php##

6 comments:

The Spradlin Family said...

That is so awesome. It's so great to see people out there doing such wonderful things. What a neat opportunity.

And about Rascall Flatts...I-AM-SO-JEALOUS!!!!

Anonymous said...

Krys! WE need to get together soon! if i remember right you only live a couple blocks away from us? let really plan something though!

Nessa said...

Hey krysten! Wow that takes so much courage for a girl that age to do that! Thats amazing!! Oh and I didnt know you worked at Bare esenctuals! I just applied there!

Nessa said...

That would be great if you could put in a heads up for me! I could really use a part time job like that. I dont have a lot of retail experience but I am going to esthetics school once I get my associates degree! Thanks so much dear! It was good to see you guys last week!

Travis Sadi and Taiya said...

Wow! This looks like so much fun!! I love all the pics! Its so good to see how your doing and what your up to. We need to do another big group hang out soon!!!

Gma Day said...

Krysten
Please tell your niece that I am so proud of her! What an awesome girl she must be, but, related to you, I know she is amazing! I would love to do a haircut or two for her while it is growing out. It can be really tricky growing that out. I would not charge her to do it if she is interested.
Let me know.
Thanks,
Kari